Chemical Intoxication occurs when your frog ingests
some sort of pesticide or chemical. Some types of soap have
been known to poison frogs. Because of this you must take
great care in what chemicals you use when you clean their
Frogs do not have a high tolerance to these types of substances
and once exposure occurs there is often nothing that can
be done. The best way to avoid this altogether is to protect
your frog from exposure to these substances.
If you are housing multiple frogs together they are obviously
all exposed to the same substances so take proactive action
to protect the remaining frogs. Move the remaining frogs
to a quarantine tank so that you can reduce the risk of
exposure to the chemicals for them.
If you notice that your frog has in fact come into contact
with a substance that it should not have you should immediately
take it to the veterinarian. If you are quick enough your
veterinarian may be able to give your frog medication which
can alleviate the effects of the chemical.